Hepatitis B Foundation, Hep B United, AAPCHO, AVAC, NVHR, the National Consumers League (NCL), and The AIDS Institute co-hosted a congressional briefing regarding advancing health equity through adult hepatitis B vaccination. This virtual briefing recognizes National Adult Hepatitis B Vaccination Awareness Day (April 30). Panelists discuss how we can work towards achieving health equity by increasing adult hepatitis B vaccination rates. In the US, just 25% of adults are fully vaccinated against hepatitis B infection. The expert panel includes representatives from the community, clinical, and federal sectors.
Webinar recording here
Presentation slides here
- Mark K. Weng MD, MSc, FAAP, Medical Epidemiologist, CDC
- Rita Kuwahara, MD, MIH, Internal Medicine, Connecticut Institute for Communities, Inc.
- Abby Bownas, Manager, Adult Vaccine Access Coalition
- Judith Feinberg, MD, Professor of Behavioral Medicine and Psychiatry, Professor of Medicine/Infectious Diseases, Dr. E.B. Flink Vice Chair of Medicine for Research
- Y-Uyen Le Nguyen, MD, Hepatitis B Program Director, Charles B Wang Community Health Center
- Patricia Jones, MD, Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine, Division of Digestive Health and Liver Diseases, Department of Medicine, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
- Monde Nyambe, CHES, Hepatitis B Coordinator, IPHA Americorps Member