May marks Hepatitis Awareness Month and NASTAD and CDC’s Division of Viral Hepatitis are co-hosting a late-breaking webinar titled, “…Another Door Opens: Leveraging Untapped Opportunities for Viral Hepatitis Programs in a Post-pandemic World” on Wednesday, May 19, 2021, from 1:00 to 2:00 pm ET. Please join us in a virtual discussion among viral hepatitis program stakeholders to assess COVID-19’s impact on viral hepatitis program delivery and elimination efforts, as well as challenges and opportunities for advancing hepatitis elimination efforts.
The first half of the webinar will feature an overview of the state of viral hepatitis, a summary on the forthcoming 2019 surveillance report findings, and the 2021 National Viral Hepatitis Progress Report from CDC’s Division of Viral Hepatitis.
- Dr. Carolyn Wester, MD, MPH, Director, CDC Division of Viral Hepatitis (DVH)
- Neil Gupta, MD, MPH, Chief, CDC Epidemiology & Surveillance Branch, DVH
The webinar will also feature a presentation about COVID-19’s impact on viral hepatitis prevention and control activities from NASTAD and the National Viral Hepatitis Roundtable, as well as presentations from Tennessee’s Ending the Syndemic program and UT Health – San Antonio as they have implemented novel approaches to expanding testing, treatment, and/or prevention access and delivery during the COVID-19 pandemic. =
- Lauren Canary, Public Health Advisor, National Viral Hepatitis Roundtable
- Boatemaa Ntiri-Reid, Director, Hepatitis, NASTAD
- Lindsey Sizemore, Director, Viral Hepatitis, TN DOH
- Raudel Bobadilla, Community Outreach Coordinator, TACKLE HIV/HCV Project
- Dr. Andrew Seaman, Central City Concern/Oregon Health Science’s University (OHSU)