- About Us
- NVHR Hepatitis C Resources
- NVHR Hepatitis C State Specific Resources Pages
- More than Tested, Cured Project
- Hepatitis C Treatment Access
NVHR-Sponsored Webinar on Hepatitis C in California: The Role of the Primary Care Team
This webinar was held on Friday, July 22, 2016 at 3:00 pm Eastern. It has been archived.
Join us on Friday, July 22, 2016 at 3:00pm Eastern for a webinar on the role of primary care providers in hepatitis C. This webinar is sponsored by the California Academy of Family Physicians, the National Viral Hepatitis Roundtable, Project Inform and the California Hepatitis Alliance (CalHEP). This webinar is part of an initiative to increase screening in California.
Our presenters are:
Rachel McLean, MPH
Adult Viral Hepatitis Prevention Coordinator, California Department of Public Health
Marshall Kubota, MD
Regional Medical Director for Partnership Health Plan, Sonoma County, CA
Stacey Trooskin, MD, PhD
Assistant Professor in the Division of Infectious Diseases and HIV Medicine at Drexel University College of Medicine, and Co-Chair of the Hepatitis C Allies of Philadelphia (HepCAP)
This free 90-minute webinar will provide:
- An overview of national hepatitis C epidemiology and explain the scope of the epidemic
- Hepatitis C testing recommendations and the role of primary care physicians/teams in hepatitis C screening, diagnosis, and care.
- A case study on initiating a baby boomer hepatitis C screening that incorporates a protocol for primary care providers to screen and refer patients for care.
The following CMEs will be provided:
- 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 credits
- 1.5 AAFP Prescribed credits
- 1.5 California Bureau of Registered Nursing credits