- About Us
- Hepatitis C Baby Boomer Resources
- NVHR Hepatitis C State Specific Resources Pages
- Hepatitis C Treatment Access
Action Alert: Take Two Actions to Support the Viral Hepatitis Testing Act!
H.R. 3723, the Viral Hepatitis Testing Act, would authorize $80 million over three years to expand targeted hepatitis B and C testing and linkage to care services. Passage of this legislation would demonstrate the commitment of Congress to fight the viral hepatitis epidemic and would help advance the goal of the Viral Hepatitis Action Plan to increase the number of people who know they have chronic hepatitis B or C.
Your help is needed to move H.R. 3723 forward before Congress ends its work for the year! Please take a few minutes to take two quick actions:
- Make sure your organization endorses the Viral Hepatitis Testing Act by signing the letter circulated by Caring Ambassadors Program. You can view the letter here. To sign the letter, email Lorren Sandt at Caring Ambassadors Program, email@example.com with the name of your organization, city, state, and zip code.
- Ask your U.S. Representative to cosponsor this legislation. Call your Representative’s Washington, DC office. Ask to speak to the staff person who handles health care issues. Whether you speak to that person live or leave a message, tell him/her : “My name is _________ and I live in (city/state). I would like Representative ______________ to cosponsor H.R. 3723, the Viral Hepatitis Testing Act. This bill would authorize badly needed funding for hepatitis B and C testing and linkage to care services. Please contact Robb Walton in Representative Bill Cassidy’s office for more information or to sign as a cosponsor.”
You can reach your Representative’s office through the Capitol Switchboard, 202-224-3121.
Thank you for taking the time to make a difference. If you have any questions or need help crafting your message, contact:
National Viral Hepatitis Roundtable
1537 Franklin Street, #311
San Francisco, CA 94109